Friday, February 29, 2008

Salalah Trip Day 1: Feb 29.2008 Kuwait - Jebal Dhanna (UAE)

We started as 7 bikers from Kuwait to Jbale Saudi Arabia . At 8:20Am we crossed the border to Saudi Arabia. The road condition didn’t change since my last trip.



At 11:30 AM we reached the Jbale exit. We stop and we said our good byes. From that point on I was on my own. I took it slow and enjoyed the ride. The roads where not so bad and where was little traffic.


The road from Al-Hofuf to UAE is full of challenges. Most of it is two ways road, the road is in bade condition, and probability of sand storm is really high at that time of the day.


After some hesitation I decided to push on. There was just a little sand storm and road was not so bad. I reached UAE border at 5:30 PM and in hotel at 7:00PM




That night the hotel was almost full and I did not have a reservation. The receptionist tried to take an advantage of the situation and he offered me a room for 2500 dirham it's almost three time the rate that my friend payed when he was there two months ago.  After some negotiation he agreed to give me the room for 1500 dirham.  Since I have no other option I agreed and payed for it.


It was nice clean hotel with an amazing service. I had my dinner and went to sleep.







The GPS have stop working after Hafuf I have to look in to it




For More Info go to Google Map


End of day one



GPS data:
Total time: 12:45
Moving time: 9:22
Stop time 3:23
Trip : 1,002 km


No comments:

Post a Comment