Sunday, March 2, 2008

Salalah Trip Day 3 : Al-Ain - Nizwa - Muscat

Nizwa is the first over night stop in Oman. I was going to meet Mike an old biker friend that used to live in Kuwait. He had moved to Oman one year earlier.

It supposed to be as short ride to Nizwa 31 KM ride from the Hotel to the Oman- U.A.E border and 300 KM to Nizwa. I met Mike In a gas station 50 KM in side Oman. Mike came all the way from Muscat. the ride was a mazing and it nice to have a companion.

Mike toke me on a tour of Nizwa we visited an Old Nizwa Fort Built by Imam Sultan bin Saif al Yaarubi in 1668 AD and the Old Nizwa Market. 

There was a some sort of convention in Nizwa and the only hotel in Nizwa was fully booked.  I was left with two option. the first was to ride back to Al-Ain 331 KM. the second was to ride with Mike to Muscat 200 KM to spend the night.

I decided to ride with Mike to Muscat since I have never been there before and do some site seeing. 

GPS Data
Total Time: 8:50
Trip : 503 KM







No comments:

Post a Comment